|click to enlarge||
Excalibur 2400 4 Tray Food Dehydrator
Our Price: $149.99
Sale Price: $129.95
Add these Non-Stick Sheets to make fruit leathers, rollups, taffies, crackers and more! Generic is 14x14, branded is 11x11
NEW 5 YEAR WARRANTY!
The Parallexx™ design, with a temperature controlled, fan forced, horizontal drying system mounted in the rear is exclusive to the 2000 Series. With 30 years of manufacturing excellence, the Excalibur Food Dehydrator sets the industry standard for design, quality, and dependability.
Why the Excalibur® Dehydrator
Excalibur Offers the Turbo Charged Parallexx Drying System, and millions have rediscovered the benefits of food dehydration. For centuries food has been dried in the sun or open air - a lengthy, messy and difficult process inviting contamination and spoilage. Excalibur pioneered a rear-mounted equipment package allowing horizontal or parallel air flow...The Parallexx System.
All Models include Adjustable Thermostat (85º-145º), Heavy-Duty Fan, Durable American Made and assembled in the United States. All electrical controls are mounted on a steel plate at the rear and each tray receives its own air. All trays are made of a durable polycarbonate. Unbreakable and dishwasher safe. Drips and spills can easily be cleaned because all electrical controls are located on the back wall and not the bottom of the dehydrator.
- Very fast drying times (no tray rotation needed)
- Square trays are easier to load as opposed to round trays
- Easy cleanup, bottom is seamless so you just wipe up drips
- Door lifts off for loading and cleaning
- The Parallexx System™; horizontal airflow for maximum drying efficiency
- Thermostatically controlled temperature (range 85°-145°)
- Use less trays for more space between trays (larger items)
- Non-Stick sheets can be used for liquid puree to make fruit leathers
- Vegetables (all types)
- Fruit Leathers (fruit roll ups)
- Jerky (both beef and game, needs to be lean for best results)
- Fruits (all types)
- Raising Breads
- Yogurt, Cheese, Recrisping crackers, even drying photographs!
- All these uses and more are covered in the free dehydration guide included with every dehydrator order! (24 page guide worth $5.95)
How Parallexx Works
The fan, heating element, and adjustable thermostat are mounted in the rear. Cool air is drawn in the back, heated up, and distributed evenly across each tray. During the dehydration process, warm air removes moisture from foods and is pushed out the front of the machine.
- Excalibur Parallexx System Advantages:
- Horizontal drying provides even drying, eliminating tray rotations. Fast drying...
- Adjustable thermostat allows perfect drying every time.
- Square design increases drying area "25%" with no holes in center of tray.
- Complete drying system in rear. (includes thermostat and fan)
- Easy to clean... Spills fall on seamless bottom.
- Versatile... Trays can be removed to expand drying chamber.
- Standard Dehydrator Disadvantages:
- Vertical drying requires tray rotation as trays closest to heat source dry first.
- Slow drying...Units without fan or thermostat may spoil food or not dry at all.
- Round design cuts off corners and has holes in center, reducing usable drying area.
- Round Stackable Units Heating unit in bottom. (many without fan or thermostat)
- Hard to clean... Spills fall directly on electric components.
- Non-adjustable stackable design restricts size of drying chamber.
Any dehydrator will dry food. Excalibur® dries BETTER, FASTER & SAFER thanks to HYPERWAVE FLUCTUATION TECHNOLOGY!
Ordinary dehydrators produce constant, unchanging heat causing “case hardening,” a dry surface with moisture trapped inside, which is the perfect environment for bacteria growth. With Excalibur’s Adjustable Thermostat you're able to take advantage of Hyperwave Fluctuation (changing heat through the drying cycle) for faster, better, safer dried foods. As the temperature fluctuates up the surface moisture evaporates. Then as the temperature fluctuates down the inner moisture moves to the drier surface. The food temperature stays LOW enough to keep the enzymes active, and the air temperature gets high enough to dry food fast, overcoming bacteria growth and spoilage.
- Excalibur® ED-2400 Specifications:
- 3+ square feet of total drying area.
- 6 1/2"High
- 13" Wide
- 16 1/4" Deep
- 4" Fan
- 220 Watts
- Compact, European styled unit, great for year round counter use. Large enough for quality drying.
- Adjustable Thermostat 85 - 145 degrees for taking advantage of Hyperwave Fluctuation technology
- 5 trays - 14" x 14" of usable space each
- 110 volts / 60 HZ
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- MADE IN THE USA
Excalibur®, Parallexx™ and Paraflexx™ are legally owned by Excalibur/Killer Baits Inc, and are being used by permission
Other Interesting Items